Title : Problems of pharmaceutical contaminants in kazakhstan
It is known that pharmaceuticals play an important role for humanity. However, the release of drugs into the environment by end products or other means can contaminate ground and surface water, soil and microorganisms. Therefore, in order to prevent environmental pollution by pharmaceuticals, it is necessary to take measures to protect and improve the the environmental state and health of humans.
In our studies, a list of pharmaceutical ingredients prevailing in the Republic of Kazakhstan was determined, were conducted research on five types of pharmaceutical ingredients (azithromycin, amoxicillin, clarithromycin, sulfamethoxazole, oxytetracycline hydrochloride), which occur in 12 priority forms. In this research work, 5 types of pharmaceutical preparations (ketoconazole, terbinafine, telmisartan, benzylpenicillin, drotaverine hydrochloride), in which 12 types predominate, were studied, sensitivity to representatives of aquatic biota was determined, and methods for using adsorbents for wastewater treatment were considered.
Our also studied pharmaceuticals as water pollutants in the Republic of Kazakhstan and to determine the possibility of treating wastewater contaminated with drugs using adsorbents.
It were carrying out a sensitivity analysis of Chlorella sp. to drugs prevailing in the Republic of Kazakhstan (ketoconazole and terbinafine, drotaverine hydrochloride and telmisartan, benzylpenicillin). We were drawing up an ecotoxicological passport to determine the environmental hazard of drugs prevailing in the Republic of Kazakhstan (ketoconazole, terbinafine, telmisartan, drotaverine hydrochloride, benzylpenicillin). In our experiments there were determination of the possibility of adsorption of the studied pharmaceutical preparations by activated carbon.
Audience Takeaway Notes:
- The audience will learn how it is possible to find out the priority pharmaceutical ingredients for surface water in the insufficient data on the implementation of the pharmaceutical market in the country.
- This can help in studies of lack of data to calculate which pharmaceuticals may be environmental contaminants for any urbanized area.
- Data for Kazakhstan can be used for a wide range of researchers. Especially bioindicator methods of determination for biologists, chemists and ecologists are very useful.
- These studies can be used for bioindication of the environment and will help to plan research in the field of chemical ecology, for pollutants to use biomonitoring based on unicellular organisms.
- Experiments can help to plan and improve the accuracy of the results.
- Also, the use of activated carbon adsorbent for the purification of pharmaceutical contaminants can be useful information in the design of environmental improvement studies.